Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hello from Changi

Hello from Changi Airport in Singapore! We arrived here from Shanghai this morning around 5 am and have a layover until our flight leaves for Frankfurt at 2 pm. That's a very long time for exhausted people to be carrying their bags around, so we paid for a lounge stay which includes internet access. Yay! I have felt very disconnected from the e-world lately, except not really since I have been emailing with people on my blackberry.

I think the lounge needs sleeper seats. :)

Singapore is nice and warm (of course) compared with Shanghai which was cold. I have more to say, but I am not on my own computer so I think it will have to wait until I get home since the files are on my laptop and I don't have an ethernet cord with me. I didn't really sleep on the flight from Shanghai (midnight to 5 am) and ended up mostly playing Nintendo because the movies were not on demand, but am feeling sick now. Am wondering if it is a combination of the smog + pervasive cigarette smoke in China because my throat was killing me from the minute we got into Shanghai and I have been downing Halls Vitamin C drops that I got at Walmart like nothing else for days (the pink grapefruit flavor is my favorite). Hopefully being in Singapore will help before another long haul flight. Here's hoping!

Hope everyone is doing well and new posts should appear at some point in the future (with earlier dates!). I'm going to... write on my laptop or look at pictures or just rest and look out the window or something. The lounge stay includes a 10 minute oxygen therapy thing later which will be very very nice and hopefully will help to cure/detox from the smoke. I hope I can watch From Beijing With Love on the next flight!

No comments: