Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Jet Lag

I didn't think I was jet lagged, but maybe I am.

When we were in Germany, I thought we were adjusted for the time. I slept that night for 5 hours and woke up feeling refreshed. Sick, but refreshed. So I figured I was at least on German time, not Asian time.

But since then, I thought because I was sick, I haven't really slept through the night. I've taken a nap in the middle of the day but at night I can't sleep more than 2 hours at a time without getting up for a few minutes.

Is this just because I'm sick? Or does my body think "night" is "day" and that it's really naptime so it's not going into a deep enough sleep? I only ask because the nap I just took I was actually able to sleep for awhile. I wonder if this is because I haven't slept in a long time from the sickness or if it's because my body thinks it's "night" right now so it went for a deeper sleep. Mystery...

No comments: