Monday, January 15, 2007

Rainy Days

Hello from Shanghai! I have been writing posts for the blog
throughout our trip, but have not yet been able to post them because
(a) I didn't want to pay T-Mobile (or is it T-Com or T-Punkt) in
Germany to go online in the hour or so that we actually had, (b) I
didn't want to pay 25 Singapore dollars per 24 hours to go online at
the hotel and (c) I haven't been able to get wireless to work here
yet. Hopefully sometime soon. So once they finally start going up,
it would probably be best to read backwards in date from here since
new posts will start appearing.

I would just like to say that I don't remember Asia being so rainy on
previous trips. In Singapore it rained almost every hour we were
there (with the exception of our few hours trip to the Singapore
Botanic Gardens and National Orchid Garden, and the first half of our
last day in Singapore - the first time we actually saw sunlight!) and
now it is gray and rainy in Shanghai. I thought the "rainy" times
were in August, like when I always go to Hong Kong. Apparently not.
I hope it clears up though, since I would like to get some fantastic
shots of the skyline. This didn't exist the last time I was in
Shanghai, which was over 13 years ago.

Hope everyone is doing well (whoever is actually reading this) and
hope to post again soon!

No comments: