Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A List

1. One thing I dislike about winter is that your glasses fog up if you're wearing a scarf. I never really noticed this until I lived in Chicago, but that's mostly because I didn't wear my glasses much in the winter before that. It got so bad walking from the parking lot to the law school (about a block and a half) that I would have to stop and wipe them clear because it was starting to ice up. It hasn't been that bad the past few days walking to and from work, but it's still annoying to have to choose whether you want to be able to see clearly or breathe well.

2. Another thing I dislike about winter is not being able to wear skirts every day. My first choice in pants generally falls in the "comfy" or "yoga pants" or "gym clothes" range, which is not work acceptable.

3. Now that the sickness is (slowly) beginning to lift, I think the jet lag is kicking in. This is such a train wreck. I keep getting tired by 9 pm.

4. I don't know about everyone else, but I thought that both Studio 60 and What About Brian were pretty bad last night. 24 and Heroes are still sitting on the DVR because I'm still only up to October for Heroes and all of this season's 24 is still on the DVR. (Please, no spoilers!)

5. We had a CLE lunch today and the caterer finally put labels on the sandwiches. No more playing "guess the mystery sandwiches." Of course, these were slightly easier to figure out than the usual, so the added value was slightly less.

6. I have read 3.5 leisure books this month. (Granted, this was helped by being on vacation and long plane flights). I wonder if this is the only resolution I have kept this year. I certainly haven't kept the exercise or sleep ones.

7. I still have a ton of trip pictures to upload. I thought I'd be done with it by now!

8. Mei Lan, the little panda cub in Atlanta, is absolutely adorable. If you haven't had a chance to see her yet, you should watch her on the panda cam. Unfortunately, the cam is only on during work hours, but she's soooo cute.

So sleepy... going to take a nice hot shower and then sleep!

No comments: