Sunday, February 25, 2007

Navy Pier


I used to be able to see Navy Pier from my window. This wasn't the view from the apartment. In order to really see the pier from there, you had to lean up close to the window and look east (we had the south view). But you could still see the fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday night in the summer. It was nice to be able to take breaks from studying for the bar.

This photo was taken from a hotel window in June 2006 when we went back for a wedding. We never caught any fireworks shows that time because we had a lot of things scheduled, but we did get to see the pier. And we took walks down the pier. I think I read somewhere that it's about a 2 mile walk or something. It's nice and relaxing being out on the lake.

I remember in law school that I used to walk on the pier (or sometimes, on the lake path) on the days when it was just starting to get warm. After the long, cold winters, it felt so rejuvenating and exciting to be back outside with the hints of warm weather on its way. It helped being in law school at the time since I often had afternoons free and could go out and enjoy the weather before the sun went down. I am really looking forward to spring coming. There's something about the energy level in the winter that just makes everything so slow and exhausting. Let's hope the groundhogs were right (even though it's supposed to be the "biggest snowfall of the season!" here tonight...)!

No comments: