Thursday, February 08, 2007

Odds and Ends

1.  I usually come to work dressed head to toe in fleece and then change into my work clothes.  I like wearing skirts more than nice business pants, but with a wind chill in the teens and the fact that it would be a little inappropriate to go to a nighttime business event in fleece, I'm stuck in business pants all day.  I wish I were wearing a skirt.  Yes, Chicago is colder than it is here.  But in Chicago, I was in school and could get away with wearing fleece all day every day if I wanted to.  That made the cold and windy temps a little more bearable.
 
2.  While I was waiting for the elevator yesterday to get my dinner from the nice delivery man, I thought of a question I wanted to ask on the blog.  If you work or live in a building with elevators, and the elevators light up to tell you when they arrive and if they are going up and down, what color are the lights?  For example, our up light is white and our down light is red.  My immediate thought was whether this was purposely done to correlate with the fact that heaven is up and hell is down. 
 
3.  If you exit a building, do not stand directly in front of such exit blocking anyone else from exiting because you want to talk on your little red phone.  Argh.
 
4.  Has the snack wrap become the most ordered item at McDonalds?
 
5.  I love the Asian guy who was shown on Idol last night.  I hope he makes it through to the voting rounds because he had a fantastic voice.  I recognized no songs from the "name that song" montage.  And it seems like a lot of people have criminal pasts (well, maybe just 3 or 4) but some are allowed to go to Hollywood and others aren't?  I don't get it.
 
6.  That Lost special last night seemed like a commentary extra from a DVD.  I didn't get any of the promised "answers."  There was a nice section where they showed the connections between the characters, but you could get that from reading TWoP.
 
7.  Wednesday and Thursday nights wreak havoc on the DVR especially during sweeps.  Last night, I taped bones, Beauty and the Geek, American Idol, the Lost special, Lost and Medium.  (I skipped Top Design, I didn't find it as good as Top Chef or DesignStar).  Tonight, there's Ugly Betty, Survivor Fiji, Grey's Anatomy, The OC, Men in Trees and Shark.  And only 5 definite hours free on the DVR.  Uh oh.
 
8.  I want to go on vacation to a beach paradise.  If I were at home, I would post a photo of San Juan or Paradise Island.  Mmmmm.  I could go for Hawaii though and I want to go to a farmers market to try all the fruit.  And to take photos, of course.
 
9.  Does Zoo Atlanta have a store online?  I couldn't find it.  I would buy so much Mei Lan stuff if only I could!
 
10.  I always endeavour to find 10 items for these random lists.  How very Monk-ish of me.

No comments: