Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tacos and Snow Showers

1. I have had chicken tacos for the past 3 days for dinner. Chips and guacamole 2 nights, chips and salsa 1 night. I guess I am on a taco kick. Just like San Diego. I miss all the tacos from San Diego.

2. It's snowing. I like it when it snows and isn't windy. It's actually kind of warm outside when it snows and isn't windy. I don't like the snow when it: (a) turns into dirty slush on the street; (b) turns black from cars driving on it; (c) becomes "wintry mix" with sleet; (d) turns into heavy cold rain (like it is predicted to do tomorrow); (e) is blowing around in a harsh wind; (f) becomes a slippery sheet of ice; or (g) buries the city in so much snow that it becomes hazardous to people's health (although the amount of snow does make for great photos).

3. I noticed that in the Northeast people open their umbrellas when it snows, but they don't really do that in Chicago. I had opened my umbrella one snowy day in Chicago and felt conspicuous because I was the only one. Everyone just wears hats, it seems.

4. RCSP: San Diego, View from Balboa Park.


5. I'm tired.

6. I had more to write about but my mind is empty and I can't remember what. At work today there was an "attorney Valentines Day cocktail reception." That sounded amusing over the loudspeaker system.

7. There is an article in the NYT today about how taking an afternoon nap at least 3 times a week is good for your heart and cuts down on heart disease. Think this can catch on in American work culture? Yeah, I doubt it too. But I wish. It would improve our health and well-being...

8. "You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot." Denny Crane. Boston Legal entertains me.

This list is kind of disjointed because I have been writing it all night while watching TV and doing work.

9. I had the Veronica Mars theme song in my head for a good part of the day.

10. While we were at dinner, there was a skinny Chinese dragon dance going down the street with people handing out flyers for the Chinese New Year show at Radio City. Cold out, slippery outside, not ideal for a dragon dance on the street. But amusing to accompany dinner.

Hope everyone has had a good night! Happy Valentines!

No comments: