Today has been, for lack of a better word to describe it, "annoying."
Maybe it was a reflection of the weather, but everything was annoying today! To illustrate, today I was annoyed:
- when I woke up and read the emails waiting for me on my blackberry
- that it was dark, cold, damp and/or rainy all day long
- that I have felt sick and/or weak and/or weary day after day, causing me not to go to the gym for over a week
- by all the work I have to do and all the work that just doesn't seem to get done
- that I had to go to Europa for lunch to avoid the rain (but luckily it's in our building) instead of someplace more exciting
- that when I went to Europa for lunch, some girl slapped her umbrella around getting my entire suit jacket wet, since I deliberately went to Europa so that I wouldn't get wet
etc, etc, etc. There's more where that came from.
The bright spots were no line at the bank when I went to deposit a check in the morning and the serenity at an odd moment of the day when I sat alone in a conference room waiting for a meeting that ended up not happening but where it was quiet and peaceful and I got a lot of work done (despite an active movie shoot on that floor).
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I'm feeling a little less annoyed now after watching Eli Stone...