Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pre-Black Friday

I didn't see it, but I can't believe the line at the local Best Buy is at least 100 people and it's not even midnight.  And the sales aren't even that good this year!
 
I miss the old Black Fridays.  This new mania is just not the same.  Back then there was this shared experience of waiting for amazing (free!) sales that just isn't around anymore now that it's gotten SO popular.  People used to get there early but didn't wait in tents overnight.  And the stores used to open later.  I remember being on line waiting for Circuit City to open at 7 and I was only about 20 people back and we had a great time even though it was freezing.  Now, there's people on line there and it isn't even midnight.  It's just become so ... business-like to go Black Friday early shopping instead of fun!
 
I'm a big Black Friday shopper but I'm not planning to go to Best Buy or Circuit City early this year.  The sales just aren't good enough for it to feel worth it.  Target on other hand... Target's the only one that's kept pace with last year's sales.  (Not that last year's sales were as good as the old days, but have to start somewhere.)  And I love Target.
 
Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments: