Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bus

I can't remember where I saw this headline (and I wish I could), and I certainly can't take credit for it, but "Governor Palin, Meet Bus."  It's not even 48 hours from the end of the election and the McCain staffers are clearly trying to kill her career.  Not that I don't enjoy seeing the interesting things that come out of it (especially considering her campaign tactics), and not that I'm surprised seeing as how "unity" didn't even make it to the election, but I do find it odd that they are trying to push all the blame to her... when they're the ones that picked her.  They could have avoided the whole thing by actually having a vetting process, but if they did, who knows if we would be in the wonderful place we are today.
 
Anyway, in the past 24 hours, we have learned, if Newsweek and Fox News are to be believed:
 
- That the Neiman Marcus/Saks shopping spree may have been more than $150,000 as previously reported (and the whole thing was hidden from McCain)
 
- That Palin wanted to give a VP concession speech which is not traditional and was vetoed
 
- That Palin thought Africa was a country and not a continent
 
- That Palin did not know what countries were part of NAFTA
 
- That aides tried to prepare her for the Couric & Gibson interviews but she refused (great idea, that one was)
 
- That some campaign people went to visit her for the first time and she appeared in a towel to greet them
 
... and I'm sure there's more to come.
 
And it's bizarre but this morning I was thinking about how much fun it would be to go on an American road trip right now.  I think it was prompted by some report from Mike Seidel that MSNBC was airing where he was in North Dakota under a blizzard warning.  So it makes no sense.  And it's cold in many places...

No comments: