Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted

I voted!

I was so happy to vote for Obama that I just wanted to look at my vote for a bit to let it sink in. It took me so long to vote that the lady outside checked on me to make sure I was ok. But really, part of that time was reading the proposal that I didn't know about beforehand.

And then I got free ice cream from Ben & Jerry's. (It was next door to the polling place!)

And then I phonebanked and called a list of Iowa voters. Only one person that I got through to hadn't voted yet, everyone else had, and 2 people enthusiastically volunteered that they voted for Obama. Woohoo!

Off to do more phonebanking and watching the returns (polls are closing in 2 minutes in a bunch of states)!

I really hope things work out right tonight. I'm so nervous.

No comments: