Tuesday, April 12, 2005

American Idol 4.29

So the theme really was "the year you were born." I'm so amused.

Which, of course, prompted me to research 1980's songs, so that I could decide what song I would sing, if I had the ability to sing and were on the show.

Possibilities?
  • Do That to Me One More Time - Captain & Tennille
  • Magic - Olivia Newton-John
  • Working My Way Back to You - The Spinners
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen (if I were a guy with a low voice)
  • Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benatar
Don't know which one I'd pick. Picking a song from the year you were born is harder than I thought it was! Or maybe 1980 wasn't the strongest year for talent show-type music. *shrug*

So what did I think of the people who actually sung? I have a bias toward smooth voices, so remember that when reading my opinions. :)

Liked: Anwar, Fedorov (really good song choice), Vonzell

Not great, but I liked it anyhow: Carrie (somehow she managed to have the same edge/tone to her voice as Pat Benatar... even if the performance wasn't that great)

Not bad, but I couldn't stop laughing: Constantine singing Bohemian Rhapsody

Good but forgettable: Nadia (not a great song choice), Bo

Go home: Scott! Because he can't sing... and because who goes on TV to tell the audience - that is, the voting audience - that there are millions of us that don't have the nerve to do what he does? He has such a bad attitude. I wanted him to go home last week... and other weeks... go home already!

No comments: