Saturday, April 23, 2005

Data Not Found

Did you run a search on Google or Yahoo and find this site? Oh well. I'm afraid you're not going to find anything more than my ranting and raving. Probably not what you were searching for. (Unless you searched for this site specifically...)

Now I realize this will not help, and will probably increase the number of searches that come here looking for these things, but here is a list of things people have searched for and that they will not find on this site:
  • Trailers to Grey's Anatomy (or descriptions of trailers)
  • Carly Patterson's butt
  • Solutions for cravings for grilled cheese sandwiches
  • Crayon wrappers
  • Desperate Housewives pictures with apples printed on them
  • Theme song to the Contender - you won't find the name of it or the song itself, but you will read that I like it (although a lot of people arrive here looking for it!)
  • A picture of Apprentice 2's Ivana showing her underwear
  • Data on the target audience of Grey's Anatomy
  • Diet Coke Sparkle commercial (I do like the ad, though)
  • How much a spicy chicken sandwich costs at Wendy's (but the answer is that it varies by geographic location)
  • Restaurant crayon packs
  • Chickpea ceviche pictures
  • Earplugs
  • Grey's Anatomy theme song (I don't even know what it sounds like, it's so non-descript - no offense to the composer/artist, I just haven't really paid attention)
  • Verizon commercial about "wondering what clothes to wear" (although I thought that was actually SBC Yahoo here)
  • Boston + dinosaur + curse + Red Sox + Museum of Science --> I have no idea what this person was looking for, but I don't have it
And frankly, I'm disappointed. Almost 97% of the searchers arriving here came from Yahoo, and only 3% from Google. Are that many people still using Yahoo to search? Nothing against Yahoo, but I've been using Google ever since I was alerted to its existence freshman year. I'm a groupie, I know.

And umm, a lot of these searches are TV-related. What does that say about me?

And this list isn't to make people feel bad if they did arrive here searching for these things. I just think that, in the interests of full disclosure, I should let people know upfront that they won't find them here. Saves them time and they can move on to a more relevant search result. I think I should do this periodically. It's fun. :) I am amused by the smallest things.

No comments: