Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Wednesday of Riches

There are some eras in television when there's just nothing good on TV. Or not enough good stuff, rather. You have some great programs airing but there's some nights when there's just nothing to watch. Dead space.

Luckily, we are not in one of those eras.

There is a ton of great programming on these days. From veteran dramas and action shows, to veteran reality shows, to the new wave of scripted drama that has finally found its time, there is a lot of good stuff on television right now.

The downside of that is that, sometimes, there is too much to watch in a single day. And it becomes impossible to do so. And you have to make choices, hard choices.

Wednesday is one of those days. The only broadcast network that does not make my life difficult on Wednesdays is CBS. Every other network - ABC, NBC, Fox, UPN, WB - they've all got something on. And of course, they all conflict. (I suppose, if I were a CSI junkie, this CBS exception would not apply. And if I were a CSI junkie, that would make Wednesday nights even more problematic.)

So, what's on?

During the first hour of primetime (8 eastern/7 central): Lost (ABC), America's Next Top Model (UPN), Smallville (WB). Thank goodness networks like UPN and WB do reruns during the week.

During the second hour of primetime (9 eastern/8 central): Alias (ABC), Revelations (NBC), Jack and Bobby (WB), American Idol (Fox). I have skipped American Idol thus far because Alias wins for me, but this hour is definitely a problem spot.

During the third hour of primetime (10 eastern/9 central): Eyes (ABC), Law and Order (NBC). Probably the most manageable hour - because 3 of the networks don't have programming!!

So much good TV, so little time. I shouldn't complain.

What will I be watching tonight? Well... the Lost clip show. With ANTM during commercials and will probably catch the rerun (or tape it) Friday. Alias. American Idol during commercials. Taping Revelations. Jack and Bobby hopefully on Easyview over the weekend. Haven't decided on the Eyes/L&O thing yet. We'll see. :) What a busy life I lead.

And now that I have discussed my love for TV extensively, I'm going to the gym. Elliptical time for me!

No comments: