Monday, April 11, 2005

Week in Review

I haven't done this in a very long time. A week in review entry! Not that my week has been so noteworthy that I have to write about it, but I thought it would be nice to get back into a nice blogging routine. I'm trying to inspire myself to write again. All attempts lately have just been so... blah. Not that a list is going to be all that inspiring, but like I said, routines can't hurt.

So what have I been up to lately?

Monday, 4/4: Monday was relatively nice and relaxing. I had a good night's sleep, woke up and had breakfast, leisurely packed, watched TV, skipped class and relaxed back home. Went to Wendy's for lunch and had a mozzarella chicken sandwich (I guess this is the new promo thing), and then headed to the airport. For once, I had a flight that was actually on time! That was pretty nice. Took the Blue Line downtown and the weather was gorgeous. The weekend had been so rainy in NY, but the weather was glorious in Chicago. It felt good to bask in the sun. Pilates, dinner (Alvin made a huge tray of mostaccioli for the week, yay!) and homework to do. Also, a fantastic episode of 24... but a disappointing NCAA finals. Oh well.

Tuesday, 4/5: Class. Beautiful weather so I walked to Subway instead of driving. Ate my sandwich at Subway in front of a plasma TV showing Y&R. Falling asleep in the library. Napping on my book. A very very long class where I thought we weren't going to get a break, and I was hungry and had another half-sandwich in my bag and all I could think about was food. Home. Amazing Race. Sad that Brian & Greg are no longer on the show. Animals in Botswana are gorgeous. American Idol is such a sad sad show.

I told you I didn't have a very exciting week! I don't even have pictures...

Wednesday, 4/6: The usual class thing. Lunch from Taco Bell. I love drive-thrus. This one has a "double drive-thru" but only one side is ever open. Home and TV. Lost was awesome. Alias was great. (Vaughn's going rogue! Agh!) Eyes was fun. I love my Wednesday night ABC. Oh yeah, the toilet broke and that took a while to fix. Blergh.

Thursday, 4/7: Class. White Castle. Onion rings are better at Burger King but the sandwiches are better at White Castle (and cheaper!). Class. Freedom! Nap? Yoga. I look forward to yoga at the end of every school week. I love yoga generally. End of Ulong on Survivor, horrible people on the Apprentice and a satisfying Without a Trace.

I really didn't do anything exciting this week, huh?

Friday, 4/8: Took a long time getting ready in the morning after sleeping late. Went to the bank. Bought some red shirts at Marshalls. Went to Walgreens to buy "free after rebate" stuff. Weather's getting nicer. Spring is coming, spring is coming!

Saturday, 4/9: Alvin didn't have to work so we walked around for a little bit which was nice. It was actually pretty cool outside, but I thought it was warm because our apartment is always so hot and humid, so I was dressed for summer (tanktop and skirt with sandals) while all the other people walking around looked like they were dressed for March (leather jackets, jeans, sweaters). Oops. Lunch at Potbelly. Did a little shopping but mostly looking. Watched Angel. Fell asleep - I think I took a LOT of unintentional naps this week which is horrible, and I'm convinced Daylight Savings Time (or is it off now?) has wrecked my entire body schedule in every possible respect. I'm lost in my own body! Agh! (Clearly, it is late and I am tired because I sound like an idiot.)

Alvin went to basketball and then we went out for a late dinner. Ended up going to India House, which was nice. Never been there before. Had Fish Tikka and some eggplant dish that I don't know the name of, and both were very good. En route to India House (since we were looking for somewhere to eat, but were aimless), we attempted to go to CPK (a wait), ESPN Zone (private party), Rockbottom Brewery (wait), etc, etc, etc. The only uncrowded places downtown were for ethnic food. I don't get it - why are people so unadventurous that the Thai, Armenian and Indian places are the only ones with seats? (I do not count places like Ben Pao and P.F. Chang's as ethnic food. Puh-leeze. They're not. Everything at Ben Pao is like orange chicken + some other sauce.) I don't mind necessarily because I like these cuisines more... but it just makes me wonder why all anyone ever wants to eat are burgers, steak and pizza. How... I don't know, unexciting, that makes me feel. Don't get me wrong - I like going to a brewery, getting a turkey burger, or heading somewhere like Red Lobster. But there's only so much of the cookie-cutter menu that I can handle. Rant over. On Saturday, I also finished my DVDs of Angel Season 1. Yippee!

Sunday, 4/10: Woke up late, an hour of power yoga, watched the end of You've Got Mail on TNT. What's up with TNT today? It's like romantic comedy day. When I was awake because of the subwoofer last night, I watched Serendipity. When it finally stopped and I went to sleep, they were about to show Kate and Leopold. This afternoon, You've Got Mail. Then the Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (finally saw it). Then Miss Congeniality. Oh I get it. From last night to tonight, it's Meg Ryan + Sandra Bullock Day. Especially since While You Were Sleeping was on one program before Serendipity. I really love TNT. Someone there really shares my taste in movies. :) Although I'm not crazy about What Women Want. Can you put on When Harry Met Sally instead?

Went to Target and Dominicks to pick up some groceries. Attempted to do homework. Watched Charmed (the "Cole is evil" seasons were definitely better than the series is now), Desperate Housewives (I hate Carlos) and Grey's Anatomy (I could not be a surgeon). And then since nothing was on, I've now started SATC Season 3. I should have started with 1 and watched straight through to the end of 6, Part II. Oh well, I'm dumb. I guess I can switch it later.

Exciting, right? Now I'm going to sleep. No more Communications Decency Act for me. Not that I've read anything about it since I stopped brushing my teeth...

No comments: