Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Football

I don't have enough time to say everything I want to say about this headbutting aftermath, but all I can say is that it would be a travesty if FIFA really were to strip Italy of the World Cup title based on a "he said-he said" and a bunch of lipreaders.  I mean, seriously?  And Zidane's agent going on and saying that we'll soon find out "exactly what was said"?  Please.  What gives your guy so much more credibility than Materazzi?  Why should I necessarily believe what he says more?  There are a lot of people out there taking any pro-Zidane rumor as the truth, but I don't consider every word falling from his lips to be sacred. 
 
Not to mention that I think there would be a massive riot in Italy were that to happen.  There's no evidence!  If there were such incontrovertible "proof" of racism, I think we would have known by now and wouldn't be relying on lipreaders.  Sheesh.

No comments: