Monday, July 17, 2006

Heat Wave

It's hot outside.
 
Last night, I was watching the Weather Channel and it was 83 degrees at 1:15 am.  The forecast said that today, 47 out of the lower 48 states were expected to have temps in the 90s.  (The exception: Maine).
 
That's a lot of states with super high temps!
 
Not only that, but the 1st half of 2006 was the warmest on record since records were kept.
 
That doesn't seem good to me either.
 
It didn't feel that hot to me when I went out for lunch, but I was coming from air conditioning that was just starting to get chilly.  The temperature on the sign by Cafe Metro said that it was 94 degrees outside.  I can believe that.  But with the sun and the mugginess, the heat index must be much higher.
 
My mom says the TV says it is 96.  Yuck.
 
Maybe I will take a break and go to the ice cream truck later.  The ice cream truck was forced to move to a new corner, because the one it is usually at (right next to the building) is now blocked off because someone dug a huge hole in the ground.  Maybe I should call 311 and find out what happened.
 
I want to go sailing.
 
Or to the zoo to see Tai Shan.
 
Or to bed to take a nap.
 
The heat may not have bothered me as far as the "ugh, it's so hot and sticky" feeling, but it did give me a headache.  Blah.  And now, it's making me sleepy.
 
Back to work.

No comments: