Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Course Selection I

In college, my course selection stayed far far away from anything to do with economics. I did the basic micro and macro classes, but it didn't go any farther than that.

Registration opened today for the autumn quarter, and out of all the classes I'm considering, the only one without a distinct connection to corporations or some form of economics is a class on the mental health system. That's not even constitutional law or politics - I haven't ventured in that direction. I wonder if it would surprise anyone who knew about my college course selection that my law school interests are so focused on corporate law. I'm not even choosing classes like this because that's my career direction; I'm choosing them when I'm actually looking for classes that are the most interesting to me!

I really have no idea what I want to take this quarter. There's less than 15 seminars being offered, and that seems like very few compared to last year. I wonder if I'll get the seminars I entered the lottery for. I think this quarter I might actually shop classes. (It's so foreign for me to go in on the first day of school in law school and not know what I'm taking! It's never happened before!) So we'll see how it all shakes out. I'll let you know when I finally choose my classes... and how corporate they end up being. I mean, this is me we're talking about (American culture, papers on the history of the refrigerator and dating in Seventeen magazine...) - will I really end up in a class on corporate finance? It remains to be seen. :)

No comments: