Sunday, September 12, 2004

Scheduling

How fantastic! The Arts section of the New York Times has lists of releases for the upcoming TV season and the upcoming movie season! So, even though I wanted to write more essay-like stuff in this blog, I'm going to make another list. ;-)

In addition to the TV shows I mentioned in the last entry, this season I also want to check out a few other new shows: Lost, Desperate Housewives, Wife Swap (now here's a shocker - those are all ABC shows!), The Partner. Maybe some others, we'll see.

For the fall movie season, here's what I'm currently intrigued by (ones I'm really interested in are bolded):
  • Sept 17: I'd probably watch "Mr. 3000" or "Wimbledon" for fun, and I still haven't figured out exactly what "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" is about, despite watching various trailers over a period of months.
  • Sept 24: "A Dirty Shame" sounds interesting. And of course, "First Daughter." It looks cute. :)
  • Oct 1: "SHARK TALE" Yay! (My next MUST-SEE)
  • Oct 8: "Friday Night Lights" because by now, you should know me + baseball/football movies!
  • Oct 15: "Team America: World Police" hehehehe.
  • Oct 22: I think I remember watching a trailer for "Surviving Christmas." I don't remember what I thought. But I think right now, I'm a sucker for any Christmas comedy where they play jolly Christmas music. They were playing Christmas songs on Sleepless in Seattle and I was happy.
  • Nov. 5: "Alexander" is hyped, but for me, this day belongs to Pixar - "The Incredibles"! Finally. :)
  • Nov 10: "The Polar Express" - ZERO interest in the "Seed of Chucky." Ick.
  • Nov 19: "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" and "Spongebob Squarepants" - what am I going to do now?
  • Nov 24: Hmm. Maybe it wasn't "Surviving Christmas" I remember thinking would be funny, but "Christmas with the Kranks"? Since that's based on the novel "Skipping Christmas"? Too much confusion. I think it was "Christmas with the Kranks."
  • Dec 10: I just saw a trailer this week for "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou." I haven't decided what I think of it yet. And "Ocean's Twelve" opens this day.
  • Dec 17: There's buzz about "The Aviator." And "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events." (Isn't that what the Bloomingdale's windows are going to be?) "The Onion Movie"?!
  • Dec 22: "Meet the Fockers"! Teehee. Oh, and "Phantom of the Opera."
  • Dec 25: Ooh. "Pride and Prejudice" meets Bollywood in "Bride and Prejudice"? Never heard of it, but intriguing. Very interesting.
  • And the calendar goes beyond the 4 months of the upcoming movie season! To reveal such intriguing movies such as "Robots" (March 11), "Kingdom of Heaven" (May 6 - Orlando Bloom), Star Wars Episode III (May 19), "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" (June 3), "Batman Begins" (June 17), "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (July 15 - okay, now we're cutting it close to the bar exam), and "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" (Dec 25). All these dates are probably going to change, but how exciting!

I reserve the right to add many more movies to my list of movies I'd be interested in seeing. :) What's the current list of movies that are out that I want to see? (based on the currently showing list on metacritic) - Around the World in 80 Days, Bourne Supremacy, Day after Tomorrow, Dodgeball, Fahrenheit 9/11, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, Harry Potter 3 (saw), Hero, I Robot, King Arthur, Manchurian Candidate (saw), Mean Girls, Spiderman 2. That list is good for reminding me for the next DVD season. ;-)

Okay, I really should sleep instead of thinking about all the movies I want to watch. Clearly I'm addicted to films, since I watched 3 movies today. :)


No comments: