Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Psychic Doubt

I don't think I'm psychic or anything, but I just wanted to share this experience with all of you. Today, in my first class, about 15 minutes in, I got this jolt inside, like, "oh crap, I forgot to shut off my phone!" Now this may not sound like a big deal, but when cell phones go off in quiet classrooms, it's not only humiliating, but highly disruptive. I didn't want everyone listening to Valse des Fleurs as I tried to fidget for my phone to shut it off. Not that I thought anyone would call me anyway.

I was able to get the phone to switch from melody to a blinking light, but I couldn't turn it off because it plays a melody when it shuts off and I wasn't going to do that either! I didn't expect anyone to call, and class wasn't disrupted.

What do you know... I get to my next class and check my phone, and about one minute after I had shut the phone off, I had gotten a phone call and a voicemail from Continental. I am so glad I shut it off. It's just really interesting how the impulse to shut it off came out of nowhere in class so suddenly, yet was timed so right.

So am I psychic or is a coincidence? I'm inclined to lean toward the second, but the suddenness and the timing of it all is just so very interesting. :)

By the way, Continental did the right thing. If you want to know more, ask me. :)

No comments: