Friday, September 23, 2005

Hours

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted.

It's only been one week, but it's felt like 3. It's only been training, but I've come home exhausted. I think my body's still getting used to getting up before 8 every day and a 5 day week. The last time it worked this hard, it was for Barbri and those were technically only half days. (The days were actually so much longer because of studying, but at least I could change into comfy clothes and lounge around all afternoon.) But it's been fun.

Well, that mostly covers the days. That, plus lots of food constantly available, means I have not lost the desired inches from my waist. Sigh. And there's no room for a balance ball on the apartment floor yet, because I haven't really unpacked. And that... would be because of the nights.

Which I've spent trying out a lot of new TV shows. I can't help it - it's premiere week!

And the DVR is so backed up with stuff I haven't seen yet! Not to mention the tapes I have which my mom so nicely made for me of things I missed in the pre-cable days. So behind...

Anyway, my current TV summary for the week:

Kitchen Confidential: Not too bad. I set it to record again for Monday to see how it goes. It amused me, but that's probably because I didn't take it too seriously. I can see why some people thought it was over the top.

Medium: The relationship between Push and Allison just wasn't the same as the first half of the episode. And it was a little weird not having it pick up exactly where they left off. But I thought it was pretty good. Nice twist.

Dancing with the Stars: Yes, I watched the dance-off. I had liked John before, but I was really annoyed and put off by his bitchiness about losing last time. He was such a sore loser! As if he was owed something. The results of the last one showed that Kelly won both the audience vote and the judges' vote, so I didn't think he needed to be so righteous. I hadn't planned to vote, but after seeing his attitude, I voted for Kelly, even though the line was busy the whole time. I think the whole thing was dumb anyway - a title is won when the competition's over, not in a "dance-off." Ratings ploy. Which was beat by... NBC of all networks.

Wife Swap: I don't know why I watch this show sometimes. There were some episodes that were good, but I think this one was a little ridiculous. Should have watched SVU instead.

Destination Lost: Good recap of Lost, and it was good to see what they were going to concentrate on in the early part of this season. And unlike the previous clip shows, they talked about the flashbacks!

Lost: Desmond? Walt? Creepy. The whole hatch thing? The opening of the show was so good. My jaw had literally dropped and I wasn't expecting it at all. Always good to stay away from Lost spoilers.

Invasion: I thought it was interesting, but it's definitely slow moving. I'm not as compelled to watch this as I am for Lost.

Survivor: Guatemala: I really feel bad for all these people in all that pain from having no water for days. That's got to suck.

Apprentice: I suppose it's a good sign for this season that Trump actually fired the right person for once instead of keeping them around for drama.

Criminal Minds: I liked it, but it's going up against Lost next week. I don't think very much stands a chance in that time slot. After all, Head Cases already got cancelled! (I thought that one was just OK, but of course, its viewership was down so much! Lost was on! It's not really competition...)

Threshold: I really like it! I think I like it better than Invasion so far, but it's got 2 hours up on that one. So maybe it's because I know more of the mystery here. But I really like it. I want to know more about what's going on! And the show is genuinely creepy.

Numb3rs: Watched it all the time last season and really liked it, but I think the cast changes weren't for the better. I also thought this week's episode moved really slow, and wasn't that exciting until the end. But I've seen them do better, so I know they can.

Still on DVR/tape: Prison Break, Bones, SVU, Apprentice: Martha Stewart, The OC, Reunion

Hmm. I've watched a lot of TV this week. No wonder I haven't unpacked yet!

And on top of all those, there's been Bravo's Battle of the Network Reality Stars, midnight showings of The Amazing Race 6 (on DVR), and I've started watching Naruto on Cartoon Network. I really like it. Naruto can make me laugh out loud. I appreciate that. :)

On the DVR for next week:
- Saturday: Naruto
- Sunday: Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy
- Monday: Kitchen Confidential, Prison Break, Medium
- Tuesday: Bones, Amazing Race: Family Edition (2 hr premiere!), Boston Legal
- Wednesday: Lost, Invasion
- Thursday (need to use tapes too): Alias, Survivor: Guatemala, The O.C., Apprentice, Reunion, Without a Trace
- Friday: Threshold, Numb3rs

So once again, this was an entry all about TV.

In food news, Alvin and I went to an Indonesian restaurant near our apartment for dinner tonight and it was really yummy. We had spring rolls, an Indonesian chicken curry, and a rice noodle dish. We'll definitely go back.

I'm so tired and it's not even midnight. I feel so old! I'm going to do a facial mask and then head to bed. After I get my school inbox down under 16,000. I've been working on that this week instead of blogging, and I've only gotten through about 850 messages. This is taking forever.

Hope everyone's had a good week!

2 comments:

cg-c said...

I hear you on the food availability...today was Attack of the Donuts, and the Donuts won, by a landslide.

*sigh*.

sandia said...

Marissa lives!!