Saturday, September 03, 2005

Silver Spoon

Tonight, Alvin and I went to Silver Spoon for another meal in our "favorites" series. We've actually only been there once before, but I often talk about their banana blossom salad so it feels like we've been there more. The food is so good, even if our entrees were a little on the spicier side (for me) today. Yum.

For appetizers, we got banana blossom salad (my favorite thing there) and tod mun (fish cakes). The banana blossom salad was just as I remembered it, and the flavor is so unique that it's hard for me to describe. It's a little citrus, a little coconut milk, kind of fragrant... just really unique and very good. The fish cakes were yummy.


For entrees, we got one of the same ones as last time - pad taley, a combination seafood dish that costs about $8. Today, we tried tiger shrimp, which is cooked in a tom yum soup type sauce. Spicy, but very yummy. You could definitely taste the soup flavor. Last time, it was winter and we had the tom yum soup and it was perfect.


Dessert time! I had seen the sweet sticky rice with mango on the menu when we first started, and we got the last one. The sticky rice was exactly like the coconut sticky rice I had last summer at Spice Market that I loved, and is the same flavor as the sticky rice ice cream I had last summer at Asiate. Brought back memories of summer lunches. And it was so good. Alvin got peach sorbet in a peach. Also yummy.


Tomorrow we're going for more "favorites" food and bubble tea! Hurrah!

No comments: