Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Keeping Busy

Can you believe that, because of this whole unpacking thing, I've only had like one piece of candy all day?

That's crazy for me. (Although I think I might have a second in a few minutes.)

This unpacking thing can really keep you busy. Although I suspect we would have gotten more done if we had remembered where the desk screws were instead of spending close to an hour searching boxes for them. I had found them back when we were looking for the bed screws, but then we couldn't find them anywhere and started going crazy.

Most of the clothes are either unpacked or in our windowsill high laundry baskets. (Whether they fit is another story. I haven't looked into that yet.) But at least something's done. Trying to whittle down what's in boxes in the living room, but I think we're going to have to put the bookcases together first before we can do that. But there's not much room to put the bookcases together. Annoying.

Lots of things to keep me busy and away from the TV means that I had not yet realized that I forgot the tapes of Prison Break, The OC, and Reunion back in SI. (At least, it appears that I have done so.) But in my watch-the-unmarked-tapes activity, I am now on tape #2. Tape #1 had the TAR4 finale, which I finished up this morning, and then we let the tape run through "Dangerous Liaisons" and the start of "Tequila Sunrise." Tape #2 had the final episode of the real Iron Chef, a lot of AI2 stuff (the good season!), and now I'm on the 4th episode of TAR4. I've seen all of this stuff before, but it's good to watch it again. I think I might actually not tape over Tape #2... at least not until TAR4 comes out on DVD. [Plug: Please buy TAR1 on DVD! If enough people buy it, then they'll probably put out more seasons!]

I love the Amazing Race... and it's fun to watch these old episodes. (Just watched the part with the champagne FF.) Although I would love to actually have TV and be watching tonight's new TV... like Bones, House and Supernatural.

Other than that, been keeping busy today by visiting Circuit City for Alvin to get a wireless card, meeting a mayoral primary candidate's mom (if you've seen the ads, you know who it is) on the UWS while walking around, having Indian food for lunch and empanadas for dinner, and looking out the window.

Trying to get on a new schedule... I think I'm going to head to sleep soon (and wake up early). While watching more TAR4... I wonder how many episodes are on this tape!

No comments: