Sunday, September 18, 2005

Thoughts

This is it.

Tomorrow is my first day of work. The first non-school fall. The real world. Whatever you want to call it. The first day of the rest of my life. That sounds melodramatic. A new chapter. Considering my high school graduation speech, that would probably be more appropriate.

Am I excited? Sure. Am I nervous? Absolutely.

Not about the place or the people, but about how different this really is. This is the very first time in my life when I've really entered a stage when there is no set or known ending date. Every school I've ever gone to, I've known when I should be done. When that stage of my life was over. Elementary school ended in '91, junior high in '94, high school in '98. My stint in New Haven would be 4 years, and school in Chicago would be another 3. But this? It's so different to enter into a new stage without knowing how it's supposed to end up! It's not a bad thing at all - just different.

I won't be writing about work on this blog, so this is it. After this entry, we go back to the regular fluff. :)

1 comment:

cg-c said...

Hope your week went well...