Sunday, September 11, 2005

Rinse and Repeat

This happens every single time.

I'll go for a long period of time where I only wear elastic pants. (Last time, it was the bar exam. This time, it was moving.) During that time period, I'll be more active than before I began the elastic waistband stage. As a result, I start to feel like maybe I am more in shape and have lost 1/4 inch off my waist or something.

Then, after this period of many days of elastic, I put on a denim skirt. It is so damn tight and so uncomfortable and I can't stand it and all I can think is just how fat I've gotten and how I was so wrong about being in better shape and my goodness, I am so fat.

After the bar exam, I felt okay about it though - I knew I had been sitting on my ass studying for way too long, and was going to get in shape afterwards. This time? This time, I was pretty active between the bar exam and moving, and I start work in a week and none of my clothes are going to fit. This is fabulous.

I just want to wave a wand, say a few commands and have my new furniture be bought, storage units arranged, everything unpacked and unnecessary crap in the garbage. Would that be so wrong?

1 comment:

cg-c said...

I'm feeling you on the starting work and no clothes are fitting big. I had to go to TJMaxx and get a pair of pants so I'd have at least something to wear. It totally makes me want to send a great, big thank-you card to the state bar examiners.