Monday, January 16, 2006

Auditions

On my way to work this afternoon (to do the "stupid homework" - it's an affectionate name really - *cough*), I passed by Planet Hollywood and noticed there was a whole crowd of people surrounding one of the entrances on the side of the restaurant.
 
"I'm glad I didn't cross to that side to walk to work," I thought, since my office is on the same side of the street as Planet Hollywood.
 
As I kept walking along from 7th to 6th Avenues, I noticed there were packs of people.  One glance at a sign inside that Planet Hollywood entrance told me why.  Apparently, today, at PH, they were holding auditions for the next cycle of The Biggest Loser.
 
The line, with brief breaks for driveways and office building entrances, went almost the entire length of the street between the avenues. I'm not spatially inclined, so I don't know which one was longer - the line I saw today or the one I saw last March with all the Apprentice 4 hopefuls lined up that circled the block with the NBC building in Chicago.
 
I feel bad for the people online as it is not very warm outside. Luckily this block isn't as windy as the ones where the NYT is.
 
I really had better go back to stupid homework and stop procrastinating. Sigh.

No comments: