Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Salad

I was craving chicken over rice from one of the street carts for lunch today, but it's cold, windy and raining, which means that I usually just go to the cafe on the ground level of the building.  I thought about getting a sandwich and soup on the elevator ride down, and they even had Manhattan Clam Chowder, which I love. But while at the cafe, I decided to just get a salad; I seemed to want that more, which surprised me seeing as how I love soup and wrap sandwiches.
 
Either I went down to the cafe at an exceptionally busy time or everyone's new year's resolution was to eat healthier, because that salad line was LONG.
 
But it was good. And I didn't have to trek through the rain. (I came to work fully dressed in a rain slicker and rain boots, but didn't feel like putting on the whole get-up before going out to grab lunch!)   Yum yum yum.

No comments: