Thursday, January 12, 2006

Homework

I still can't believe that I have to do CLE homework.
 
Part of the reason I was so deliriously happy with law school being over was that I thought I was finally (finally!) free of homework.
 
Yet, here I sit, typing away at family law homework for CLE in order to remain in good standing.
 
I could be home watching Dancing with the Stars, but no, I am here, writing a divorce complaint.
 
I think I might have been really into this type of class in law school, since all the assignments are practical, like my entrepreneurship class.  But I'm not in law school anymore; I'm at work. And I realize it's probably useful, but I don't really have the desire to sit here and draw up papers for fake people in NJ.  Fake people! Not paying clients, not pro bono clients, but fake people!  Five weeks of fake people and fake situations and I am not in law school anymore, goshdarnit!!!!
 
Okay, I think that's enough venting. The exclamation points are probably what did it.
 
I'm going to try to convince myself that I'm really just in a nice computer cluster and back in school... but I think that thought is just going to make me a little bit miserable.  Maybe I'll just pretend I have a little Jerry Rice doing the cha-cha on my desk over by the phone (a la Victor Krum action figures in Goblet of Fire).  And maybe I'll get home in time to check out Crumbs

No comments: