Thursday, January 26, 2006

Delivery II

Still waiting...
 
They said again that they are very busy but the order already went out.
 
Yeah, except, you said that over 20 minutes ago, so stop lying to me. If I am ordering and relying on your estimate, I am fine if you are off your estimate within reason.  It has been about 90 minutes, and I do not consider an error of 35 minutes within reason!
 
Am I wrong to think that 35 minutes is NOT within reason? Am I wrong to think that if they were going to be so absurdly late, they should have at least CALLED? So friggin' rude. Am never ordering from them again. If this means I have to stick to all the old favorites that I know are reliable, I will do so. If this means that I advise other people here not to order from you, so be it. I don't want them to go through the same sort of frustration over your unreliability.
 
How hard is it to just make the delivery estimate longer if you're busy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so which restaurant is this?

Marissa said...

If you ask me in a non-public forum, I'll tell you. One of the worst parts about this is that their food is actually pretty good.

And for the record, it took 96 minutes. 41 minutes past the high end of the estimate. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to ask because i think you said you lived near Times Square, and so do I. I love ordering from the Spice Cafe, but one time, it took 2 and a half hours. I actually forgot about it and was surprised when the doorbell finally rang.

Marissa said...

It wasn't them. I don't think they're on Seamless Web actually.

I wish this place had been on time because their food is good. Oh well.