Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blizzard

Who would have thought a couple of weeks ago, when it was 60 degrees out and I walked around with no jacket, that there would be over 20 inches of snow in New York City so soon?

I guess the Staten Island groundhog was wrong. :)

I was excited about going out to my parents' house this weekend because of the snow. I would get a good workout by shoveling (and I definitely need it), and hopefully get some good pictures of snow. I haven't been in good snow in a while. Being in an apartment in the city during light snow doesn't lead to very good pictures. And it was only supposed to be 8-12 inches, so not too bad.

Hmm.

The noreaster became the "blizzard of 2006." I couldn't believe it, because I remember the Blizzard of '96 and that felt 10 times worse than this. This looked like nothing compared to that! In 1996, we couldn't get our front door open, because the snow was so high that it was up to my chest and pushing against the door. Next to '96, this looked like nothing. It's a lot of snow, and it's been pretty windy, but it wasn't that bad, was it?

Then again, our power did go out at 2 am for a couple of hours, but I just pulled myself under the covers and went to sleep.

So we did our shoveling and dug out the cars. The house gets the drifts, so there was so much snow on top of the car. I'll post pictures of that as soon as I blur my license plate. It looks pretty cool.

This was my Sunday :)




No comments: