Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hello from San Juan

It's been a bizarre two days.
 
Yesterday, at work, within the span of about ten minutes, things went from disgusting to pretty awesome.  When I got to work, I had smelled really bad cigarette smoke, like someone was smoking right next to me. I just sat inhaling secondhand smoke for about an hour, not knowing where it was coming from, until I finally figured out that an inconsiderate smoker had dropped a burnt out cigarette butt into my pants cuff during my walk to work that morning.  I was completely disgusted by the whole thing.
 
Less than ten minutes later, I got a phone call about an assignment that would send me on a business trip to Puerto Rico.
 
Puerto Rico?!
 
I never expected that. If you had told me last week that right now I'd be sitting in a hotel in San Juan, I'd have looked at you like you were crazy. But here I am, in tropical San Juan. Yes, it's for work, but it's not exactly a horrible place to travel to for work. At least it's warm. I was so giddy because the second you walked off the plane you could sense how warm it was. And considering I've been craving a beach for the longest time, hopefully I'll be able to take a picture of one while here. I've seen it at night since I took a walk around the property, but it's got to be gorgeous during the day.
 
This is still so unbelievable. Everything happened so fast that I can't believe I'm really sitting here in San Juan writing this. Such a strange few days.

1 comment:

Avid Diva said...

That is SO COOL. :) (or should I say "hot?")