Friday, February 10, 2006

Corbeille

The French version of gmail has such a pretty word for trash. "Corbeille."
 
French makes lots of things sound so pretty. Although whenever I try to pronounce things I feel like I'm contorting my face and mouth in strange ways and it sounds terrible.
 
I tried operating gmail in English (US) yesterday to try to chat, but although I had "Chats" among my folders, I did not have chat capabilities yet.  So why should I stay in English? I switched to French. I even tried English (UK) but that didn't even have a chat folder. Sounds like a US-bias to me.... I mean, what's the real difference between English (US) and English (UK)? I think they could easily chat with one another.
 
I'd personally rather use English (UK) so that I could see words like "organise" instead of "organize." I think it looks nicer. Like "theatre."  "Colour."  I'll stop now.
 
Who knows. Maybe I'll end up switching languages every week. That could be fun. ;-)

No comments: