Thursday, February 02, 2006

Books

I just got smacked in the face with a book.
 
Totally my own doing, of course, as I am a huge klutz.
 
I was on the phone, and taking down a binder from the top shelf.  On top of the binder were 4 large paperback volumes from the stupid CLE class. I figured I could easily slide the binder out, leaving the other volumes on the shelf, even though I was balancing on my toes and trying not to let my headset fall off my head or out of the phone jack.
 
No such luck.
 
The binder came tumbling down along with a few other books. (Prompting me to then worry about the books landing in the fruit I had brought down from the conference room.)  One smacked me on the top of the head and fell on the floor (the largest).  Another smacked me, binding-first, in the eyes and then off my nose.  Two others stayed on the shelf.
 
It is ten minutes later, and I am still sitting here in disbelief about the fact that I managed to hit myself in the face with 2 books while on the phone. (And carry on a normal-sounding conversation without evidence of pain!)  It still hurts!

No comments: