Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Self-Awareness

Today at work we did a 6 hour training session on presentation skills. I never knew how draining and exhausting critiquing yourself and being self-aware could be.

It was one of those seminars led by communications consultants, talking about your professional appearance, organizational skills, answering questions and the like.  It was useful, mostly for the professional self part, as you get to figure out all the little things you do with your eye contact, your hand gestures, your voice, etc.  But it was quite tiring.

I could have listed most of the things I do that I don't like already.  But now I have it to examine on a take-home DVD. Woohoo.

Luckily I had yoga this evening to dispel any of my thoughts about how I appeared on camera.  Not sure I want to play that one again for a bit!

No comments: