Sunday, October 09, 2005

Alarm Clocks

Inbox is close to 9,500. At least I'm under the 10,000 mark. That makes me feel slightly better... but only slightly.

Back when I needed to wake up for class in law school, Alvin used to give me wake up calls. Especially when I was tired, I never heard my alarm, or would snooze it or turn it off in my sleep without ever realizing it, and I only seemed to wake up to the phone.

On May 28, 2003, I sent Alvin an email saying something like, "did I really miss your 1st call?!" Apparently, I had slept straight through the phone ringing and Alvin leaving a message without hearing a thing, and didn't have any idea that had happened.

Fast forward 2 years.

There was a time this spring (or perhaps it was during Barbri) when I missed 17 straight calls. Granted, this was on my cell phone and not on a landline, so it was more melodic and less of the loud intrusive ringing, but that's still pathetic! 17 calls! And to think I was so horrified back in May 2003 at missing one call!

But I was right about one thing at the time I missed that one call. I had said that it was a bad thing because me not hearing alarms or the phone could only get worse. So, so true.

No comments: