Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Happy Boxes

Songs that have been in my head since work this afternoon:
  • Jingle from the Uno game commercial
  • Some jingle from a car commercial that I think has the words "magic carpet ride" in it
  • Hamtaro theme song
  • Grey's Anatomy theme song
On the topic of GA, with last week's episode (not this past Sunday, but the one before), it officially passed Desperate Housewives as my favorite show on Sundays. GA took a bit of time to grow on me; I had actually been hesitant to watch the very first episode. All I could think was, "another medical show?" And since I'm not a huge fan of ER, I didn't think I'd be in the mood for another medical show.

But I was pleasantly surprised. I stuck with it because it interested me and because I was watching DH. But now... I think I like GA better than DH. Yes, DH is ridiculous, but it's supposed to be ridiculous. But last week's episode of GA actually made me feel for the characters. I could feel their pain. And not a lot of TV shows can actually make you feel the pain of their characters. That was the clincher for me.

And speaking of good writing... I'm still on the Threshold kick. I think I like the writers because they read my mind. For example, they were questioning this Korean guy, and they asked him if he knew a guy named Park. His answer in Korean was, "I don't know anyone named Park." My answer (aloud): "Yeah RIGHT." The linguist character then said something like, "What Korean person doesn't know someone named Park?" Excellent. Reading my mind. It's happened a couple more times since then too.

It's a great show. Which makes me perplexed as to why it doesn't yet have a full season order. CBS ordered additional scripts, which is good, but c'mon. It's on Friday nights, it's doing fine in its time slot. And it's good! And if you'd actually gotten the pilot done in time for the reviewers, there would probably have been more critical buzz and they might have raved about that instead of Invasion. (Which, by the way, I've stopped watching. I would start watching episodes, and never finish them on the DVR. So I just quit. Besides, Drawn Together starts on Wed. Yay!)

But Bones did get a full season order from Fox. I'm happy about that. And that means that they can finally start promoting it as much as they do Prison Break. I'm happy about that too. Angel lives!

Going to sleep. It's always past my bedtime. But at least I haven't been saving emails as much tonight, so tonight it's not my RSI that's keeping me from sleeping. Need more hours in the day!

No comments: