Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend Update

I've decided to stop doing the Week in Review feature, and will replace it with Weekend Update. I figure that this makes more sense... after all, if I continued to do WIR, it would start looking like, "Monday: work; Tuesday: work; Wednesday: work," etc. Boring, right? At least for readers...

Even though it's called Weekend Update, it won't be only about the weekend. I'll talk about anything interesting from the weekend and also anything good from the past week. But I won't have to do a real full WIR. I think this is better.

Last Wednesday, I did an interview lunch at Osteria al Doge. It was pretty good, although for some reason, I was cold throughout the whole meal. Like almost teeth-chattering cold. But it wasn't that cold in the restaurant and I was even wearing a pants suit. It was weird. Anyway, it's a very inviting atmosphere and I liked it. For appetizer, I had the tuna carpaccio, and for entree, I had salmon that came with spinach and roasted potatoes. Yum. No time for dessert, but the fresh berries looked good.

On Friday, to celebrate the end of my first "real" week of work, Alvin and I went for dinner at Meskerem, an Ethiopian restaurant in our neighborhood. Yum yum yum. We split the vegetarian sampler, which had 7 different dishes, and a chicken dish (the boneless one). We left feeling extremely full, but very satisfied. I look at the picture and my mouth starts to water.


This weekend was both relaxing and full of events and errands. I spent Saturday recuperating, but on Sunday, we went down to the Lower East Side to check out the Pickle Day festival that I had seen online. It was great. There was so much free food. Lots of pickle samples. I liked the half sours. And the Korean booth was the best. They had rice cakes, kimchi pancakes, japchae, 2 types of kimchi... all for free for sampling! It was fantastic. Ran a couple of errands at Target, which always makes me happy.


Ended the weekend with dinner at Republic and a walk in the beautiful warm fall weather through Union Square. Weekends are so short!

No comments: