Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Days Off

It totally feels like a Sunday because I had the day off from work. (Rosh Hashanah is a holiday at our firm.) Now I'm going to be all confused tomorrow, thinking it's Monday, and thinking that it's October 3rd so that I have even more time to save emails.

To celebrate my day off, I got up earlier than I normally do for work and went with my mom for today's taping of The View. (It's too bad that I found out later that the entire first half-hour was preempted for the idiot's press conference.) It was a show all about weight loss. I left thinking a few different things: (a) I really need to get back in shape; (b) It's been ages since I've done yoga and I hate that fact; (c) Maybe I should go on a fruit diet; (d) I need to eat better and exercise more.

And I also left with some presents. The past times I've gone to the View, there's been no gifts. But since it was Tuesday, we were hoping for the Cinderella DVD but I didn't want to get my hopes up. They came out with it and put it on the table during the last segment, so I started to get excited. Then they announced what they were giving away to the studio audience - a Swiffer WetJet, a Disney-inspired CD, and the Cinderella DVD! I was so happy! We've been wanting a WetJet for awhile, and now I don't have to buy one myself! And I got the DVD! It was fantastic. And kind of funny watching many people all walking toward the subway and down into the subway station with big purple rectangular boxes wrapped in blue bows. I bet people were wondering what was going on. Yay for Swiffer!

Going to attempt to sleep before 1, unlike all the most recent work nights when I've stayed up saving emails. Right now, I'm at 12,078. It goes so slowly...

No comments: