Saturday, October 08, 2005

Deja Vu

I feel like I'm running across the same emails over and over and over again.

In December 2002, our school email servers crashed. It was during exam time and mail was virtually unaccessible. (Since it was our first law school exam period, this was stressful, to say the least.) When mail came back on, they said everything was restored and no mail should be lost.

However, once I started looking through old mail, I realized that, on occasion, some emails had been spliced into pieces and some had randomly attached themselves to other emails. Still others were duplicated. And not always one after the other, but 200 emails apart in the system. It's making forwarding emails right now into a very long and slow process.

Not to mention the fact that I think in the crash (and I never noticed before) my sent mail folders from September, October and November 2002 vanished. At least they're nowhere now. They were my best hope at recreating a "journal" for myself of what happened during 1L, since there was a limit to what I was willing to post online and I was terrible at doing the handwritten thing anymore. Hopefully it will be some other people's quoted messages. I hate when I feel like I've lost part of my past.

I think I'm going to forward about 10 more emails and then finish handwashing the shirt in the sink. Wheeee. So much laundry to do. But I'm taking it back to SI instead of paying $2 for each wash and dry. Laundry can get really expensive!

No comments: