Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Reality

In February 2003, it seems I had an obsession with Joe Millionaire.

Not the guy, but the show. I'm forwarding some of my sent mail, and it seems like the majority of the emails have to do with Joe Millionaire. Of course, we were writing our Bigelow (legal writing course) papers at this time, so I was probably looking for distractions, but it looks like an obsession. I was emailing about every promo I saw!

And on the topic of reality tv, I was quite disappointed with this leg of TAR:FE. Both the result and the structure. It was left entirely up to chance with 4 teams arriving at once and trying to grab numbers, and barring something terrible happening to an earlier team, there really wasn't much ability to make up any time. Having the pit stop be so close to the roadblock with that much lag time between teams just didn't feel fair. Or maybe it's because I liked the family that had to go home.

Back to emails. Need to sleep; it should be a decently hectic day tomorrow.

No comments: