Thursday, October 20, 2005

Flavor Explosion

I've ordered from the same Chinese restaurant on Seamless Web at least 4 times now. They respond quickly via email; they deliver really fast. And the food is pretty good. Both the sushi and the Chinese food.

I ordered the chicken chow fun once before, but as soon as I started eating it tonight, I knew something was different. It was definitely a different cook, because this time there were shiitake mushrooms. In chow fun! I was pleasantly surprised. It's a very different flavor, like an entirely different noodle dish. But it's really good (despite being so greasy), and I have eaten more of it than I should have.

But just now, I took a chopstickful from a certain area of the noodles, and oh my goodness, the flavor is exactly the same as these dumplings my grandmother makes (souy gow, I am so bad at Chinese transliteration from Toison). I think it was the crunchy cabbage + the shiitake mushroom + the chicken, and oh my goodness, I am dreaming of those dumplings and want to go home to make them even if I don't know how.

I have got to put the noodles in the fridge so I stop eating and just finish up what I've scheduled for tonight so I can go home. One more bite first. Or maybe two.

No comments: