Sunday, October 16, 2005

OCI

I've been reliving OCI (on-campus interviewing) lately. First, I've been doing interview lunches at work with candidates for the summer program, and that brings back a lot of memories. Second, I've been saving emails from September and October 2003.

And then I realized... it was exactly 2 years ago today that I had my callback with the firm at which I now work. Funny.

I liked OCI, so saving all these emails hasn't really dredged up very many painful memories. There's a whole bunch of reasons why I liked it. One is the sense of class togetherness. It was like 1L in the sense that there was this shared experience that every person in our class was going through at the same time. There wouldn't be another moment of that type until graduation. It was like one last hurrah. Also, with everyone in one building, it was easy to see people and talk to acquaintances that I never ended up seeing for months once everyone split apart for different class tracks and activities. And it's always fun to meet so many new people in such a short amount of time. Each interview, a new beginning. Not to mention the fact that in those couple of weeks, you feel like your entire future lies ahead. It's pretty exciting!

But enough about OCI. I've got more emails to save! My inbox is very close to 5000. I've made decent progress, I suppose.

No comments: