Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Plazas

To the Mayor (again):

I walked through the pedestrian plazas yesterday and today, just because I was there and they were empty.

Yesterday morning, I took a picture of one block's pedestrian plaza. It was completely empty.

Last night, there were people walking in them but it was very empty and there were more people on the sidewalks.

Midday today, and this is the most activity I could find for you:



I understand that it probably gets crowded on the weekends. Why couldn't we then just do that summer streets thing you did on the east side last year? Why close Broadway all day, all night, if it's not being used, and is just creating a traffic jam?

Why don't you instead concentrate your attention on making real "thru streets" so it doesn't take me over 40 minutes to drive crosstown?

Love,
Crayon

No comments: