Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Break

Almost done packing and then I'm going to sleep (for about 4 hours). I really hope we get up for the flight... maybe I should sleep sitting up...

I have a lot that I want to blog about, but no time (packing, sleeping, all that good stuff). I'll have to catch up sometime later.

Heading out to Jacksonville tomorrow. Hotel is supposed to have free wireless, which is good. Unfortunately, it's also supposed to be pouring, which is not so good. So that may mean I use the wireless for more than a quick update. But we shall see.

Spring break feels so good. Can I tell you how great it feels to just know that I can read a book for leisure? I don't think I've read a book for leisure since this past summer. It's been far too long.

Anyway, before I go, just a few quick thoughts on a very polarizing episode of Amazing Race (just read the TWoP forums, you'll see what I mean by polarizing). I thought Rob's strategy was great; the race really isn't about quitting, but when the choice is eat 4 lbs of meat and sit out 4 hours, taking the penalty as strategy isn't exactly something we should necessarily condemn. After all, these were the rules the producers came up with, and we shouldn't fault someone for following the rules, even if we think they should have finished such a horrific task. Anyhow, I still love Rob & Amber and they are my favorites along with Brian & Greg. I don't really hate anyone, which is a great thing, but it also means that some part of me is always sad when a team leaves.

That was more than a few quick thoughts.

Anyway. Tomorrow. Well, today. Flight. Soon. Atlanta. Jacksonville. Vacation. Relaxation. Break.

2 comments:

sandia said...

Vacation!!!! You would think that I was the one going on a cruise, but noooo, I am stuck here writing (haha) a paper. Didn't we start the quarter at the same time? How did this happen?

Marissa said...

Our quarter system is messed up. I think the way it works out we have 10 weeks in fall, 9 weeks in winter, and then 8 weeks in the spring with exams like the day after classes end. It's kind of crazy.