Tuesday, March 01, 2005

TAR 7.1

That episode was llama-rific! Sorry. I just really like llamas. I know they spit and all, but since I was younger, I've always been fascinated by llamas. They, like the Amazing Race, make me giddy.

The Amazing Race returned tonight for its 7th time around the world and it was spectacular. For once, I actually like most of the teams! I don't really actively even hate anyone. What a breath of fresh air to not have a Jonathan & Victoria on the show.

The first leg of the race took them from Long Beach, CA to Lima, Peru. And it was lots of fun. Llamas, ziplines and beautiful mountain scenery - can't beat it. The pit stop was in Cuzco. I heard Cuzco and nearly melted. I did a project in intermediate school on Peru. Fascinating place.

Onto the teams. When I watched the preshow videos, I wrote a post ranking the teams by how much I liked them. To refresh your memory:

Pre-Show
Really Like: Ron & Kelly, Susan & Patrick, Rob & Amber, Lynn & Alex, Ryan & Chuck
Sort of Like/Meh: Meredith & Gretchen, Uchenna & Joyce, Debbie & Bianca, Brian & Greg
Don't Really Like: Megan & Heidi, Ray & Deana

Post-Episode One
Now that I've actually gotten to see the teams in action, here's my new rankings. Again, they're separated by tiers from the most-liked to the least.

Lynn & Alex
Rob & Amber
Ryan & Chuck
Brian & Greg

Susan & Patrick
Debbie & Bianca

Meredith & Gretchen
Ron & Kelly

Uchenna & Joyce
Megan & Heidi
Ray & Deana

It's a shame Ryan & Chuck had to go home. I really liked them! They were so much fun. They're pretty heavy guys so they helped their rickshaw operator out by helping to pull the rickshaw. They seem like genuinely nice guys. They make jokes about testing out the load on the zip line. It was so sad that they lost by only a few seconds. And to think that I was rooting for them to pull it out over the POW + beauty queen, which had been my most pre-liked team. I'm really sad that these guys are gone. I even started tearing up as they turned at the pit stop and gave one last longing gaze toward the mat. *sob*

Next week it's off to... ____! I actually am not spoiled as to the location (I knew about Lima). The best reality show is back on TV! (Take that, Donald Trump!) Yay TAR!

No comments: