Saturday, March 12, 2005

Countdown

Oww, my knee hurts.

I had a heck of a time getting up this morning. Although I shouldn't complain - most of the 3L class is probably headed down to school for an exam this morning. Hmm. I didn't think of that before. I hope I get a parking spot in the lot!

And hopefully not too far away. After all, it's 9 degrees outside with the wind chill. Sigh.

And to think I was only worried about the drive home from school and getting a parking space in the garage. With the flower show at Navy Pier (do I have to miss it again this year?), Robots playing at the movie theater down the block, the dyeing of the river, the closing of Columbus Drive for the St. Patrick's Day parade, said parade starting right after the exam (which clearly, I also must miss again...), I think I have a right to be concerned that it might take an hour to get home.

But I will block all thoughts of traffic from my head and instead daydream about mezzanine financing, due diligence and prorations. With a side order of like-kind exchanges, free and clear cash flow and title insurance. Wheee. (Yes, that was a blatant rip-off of one of SG-1's best lines last night, even though I didn't intend to do that before I wrote it. If you're wondering, it was Daniel Jackson: "I'd like the truth, with a side order of clarity.")

Maybe I'll blog again around 1 or 2 after this real estate exam kicks my butt. I looked at the old exams around 1 am last night... er, this morning... and what a shocker that was. *shudder* Wish me luck!

No comments: