Monday, March 07, 2005

Panicked

It's been said that a watched pot never boils.

Oh, how true.

So, I checked my academic history online and was astonished when I saw that the class for which I wrote that huge paper last month had a grade. But it wasn't a number grade - it was a W! For withdrawn!

My heart rate raced, my head started to spin, I started to panic. This can't be happening. I took the class. I poured hours of my life into that paper. I need the credits to graduate. How can this be happening?

So I emailed about it. And then I waited. And waited.

And as I waited, I kept refreshing my email. Probably once every 2 seconds.

Nothing.

I couldn't take it anymore. How could I concentrate on real estate when I had to think about the fact that I might not graduate?

It's not really that melodramatic. If the W stayed, I wouldn't have enough credits to graduate. Plenty to be concerned about!

Since my head was still spinning and my pulse was still sky high, I told myself that I couldn't sit in front of the computer any longer or I'd make myself crazy. I turned on the TV.

Then I stepped back to the computer. Email response had arrived. It seems that the crisis will hopefully be averted.

It didn't really take that long for a response. Less than 20 minutes. Which is great for response time to problems - don't you wish you could have response time like that for all problems? But in my panic, it felt like an eternity.

I'll be checking daily to see if this gets cleared up. After all, it's worth just as much as any exam I'm taking this quarter.

2 comments:

sandia said...

Oh no! That sounds like unnecessary stress.

Marissa said...

Yeah. :( Unfortunately, it's also been like two days and the W is still there!! Two days isn't a whole lot, but it feels really long. :(