Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Three

I am completely incapable of doing work.

And this isn't even about the Contender anymore. I was able to stop that obsession after I wrote that post, by turning on the TV.

I'm just so unfocused and distracted. I can't write more than 2 sentences without getting up to do something else. Part of me thinks I should just let the lack of focus take its course to decrease the burnout effect, since I have to do a take home exam at home tomorrow and really can't afford to be burnt out and distracted.

I wonder if part of the distraction is knowing that I have 8 hours to write 3000 words. It's still not easy, but it doesn't have the time pressure of a regular 3 hour exam. But that also means that I never get the adrenaline rush that seems to make my mind clearer and better-working. Oh well.

I guess I'll just do what I can. Like work productively from 10 pm to 1 am or something. Right now, it's time for American Idol.

No comments: