Monday, March 28, 2005

Testimonials

You know those commercials which are supposed to show "ordinary people" gushing about products? To get you to buy a product because people just like you had a great experience with it and would give testimonials about it even without getting paid for it (at least that's what you're supposed to think... they just stopped them on the street and what a great comment!)?

I think General Mills's commercial on whole grain cereal didn't do too well with this concept... at least not now that Trial by Jury is on the air. The first guy talking about how great the cereal was was the guy who played Judge Patel on TBJ last Friday. So after I recognized him, I ceased to actually hear any of the things people were saying about the cereal, and was distracted by wondering if anyone else looked familiar from parts as extras on L&O.

And since I'm talking about cereal.... is it normal for my Rice Krispies to snap crackle and pop when they hit the yogurt...?

I had a weird dream last night. Something with people changing into dresses but only after we went for dinner at Taco Bell, and then a "family tradition" about rolling Easter eggs (the size of my forearm!) at each other in the dark, but it wasn't my family doing this but friends, and then somehow the eggs lit on fire and I was worried about my laptop, which was at the bottom of a grass hill on a wooden coffee table.... bizarre.

But time to get ready for school. This yogurt is really snap crackle and popping.

1 comment:

sandia said...

the snapping/crackling/popping is normal... can't say the same about rolling burning easter eggs downhill in the dark though. hehe.