Friday, March 25, 2005

Small Annoyances

I don't think it's good neighborly behavior to have the bass going loudly on a subwoofer on a shared bedroom wall at 9 am on Friday. After all, the building recommends that you not even run the washing machine because it's on a shared wall until 10 in the morning. So if it's not an acceptable social norm to run the washing machine that early in the morning, how is it possibly acceptable to have your subwoofer going that early? In the bedroom? On a shared wall with someone else? Don't they know that some people in this building work from home? Inconsiderate jerk. (Even if the actual music isn't terrible when I listen through the wall; all I can hear without the eavesdropping technique is bass bass freaking bass.) This is why I put all my electronics on the shared wall between my two rooms. If it's loud, all it bothers is myself. Why don't more people understand this??

As long as we're talking about annoyances, I'm annoyed with Rice Krispies. On the cruise, I had peach yogurt with rice krispies for breakfast every day except one (when I skipped breakfast). I like the combination. So, upon arriving home, I tried to buy a box of Rice Krispies along with my peach yogurt (the usual breakfast at home was the yogurt sans the Krispies). But the only size box of Rice Krispies was the jumbo size for $5! There was no box smaller. That's annoying.

But on a happier note, Skippy the wonder dog on the Today Show is adorable. Yay for cute dogs.

No comments: